An allegation of sexual abuse often places families in one of the most difficult times in their lives. Few families are prepared to navigate through the complex legal and investigative maze. The Advocacy program assists families as they gain a new sense of normalcy and empowerment through education, support,and referral services.
The Advocacy Program Director acts to help reduce the trauma of child sexual abuse by providing the following services:
- Crisis Counseling
- Explanation of investigatory and judicial process
- Explanation of crime victim rights
- Case management/referral services
- Court notification/accompaniment
- Coordination of multi disciplinary team efforts
- On-site therapeutic services
- Specially trained forensic interviewer
Contact Linita Berryman for more information.